Setting up Flickr
- Sign up for a free Flickr account over on http://flickr.com/.
- After logging in, visit the Your Accountpage.
- On the Your Account page, click the Sharing & Extendingtab.
- Click the More sites button and choose the WordPressoption.
- Enter the API Endpoint: http://yourblogname.wordpress.com/xmlrpc.php, along with your WordPress.com username and password. Then click the Next button.
- You’re all set, time to start blogging.
Blogging Your Photos
When you want to blog a photo, click on a photo from your photostream and look for the Share button right above it. This will cause a pop up to appear where you can then select your blog from the list.
Complete the post information, including the title (by default, this will be the image’s name) and content and then click Post.
Now you can view your blog to see your latest post, which you created without ever logging into your WordPress.com dashboard!
In addition to blogging your photos directly to your WordPress.com blog we also have a Flickr widget that makes it easy to show thumbnails of your latest Flickr photos in your sidebar.